Fort Pierce Car Accident Lawyer
A motor vehicle traffic accident is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 33,804 motor vehicle traffic deaths in 2013, which resulted in a death rate of 10.7 deaths per 100,000 people. Given the vast population of the state, Florida ranks at the top of the list for number of traffic-related deaths. According to the CDC from 2003 through 2012, there were 17,862 motor vehicle traffic deaths in Florida. Florida ranked third in the number of traffic deaths during this period, behind only California and Texas. Contact our experienced Fort Pierce car accident lawyer for more information.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
It is clear that motor vehicle accidents are a serious problem in Florida and throughout the United States. Unfortunately, most motor vehicle accidents could have been avoided if one or more drivers used proper care while operating the car. If you are involved in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Common causes of motor vehicle accidents due to another person’s negligence include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Distracted driving, which can involve talking or texting on a phone, talking to other drivers, or not focusing on the road;
- Aggressive driving, which can include excessive speeding, tailgating, and improper lane changes; and
- Failure to use proper caution in inclement weather, including rain, snow, fog, sleet, and ice.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, the Law Firm of William E. Raikes III can help investigate your accident to determine if you have a claim for damages. Our Fort Pierce car accident lawyer has been handling auto accident cases for years.
What to do in the Event of an Auto Accident
If you are involved in an auto accident, it is important that you take certain steps in order to protect your rights. These include:
- Contacting medical personnel and seek immediate medical attention if necessary;
- Reporting the accident to the police. Make sure to review any police report before signing any document;
- Identifying any witnesses to the accident scene and taking down their contact information;
- Taking pictures of the accident scene and of any property damage;
- Documenting any injuries from the accident, including obtaining medical records; and
- Contacting an experienced car accident lawyer before speaking to anyone, including any insurance companies.
Injured in an Auto Accident? Contact a Fort Pierce Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one is involved in an auto accident, you should contact an experienced Fort Pierce auto accident lawyer who can help protect your rights. The Law Firm of William E. Raikes III has extensive experience helping victims recover compensation in a variety of auto accidents, including motorcycle, truck, and pedestrian accidents. William E. Raikes III will fight to make sure that you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact William E. Raikes III at 772-595-6654 for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. Or, you can visit our law office at 604 Boston Avenue, Fort Pierce, Florida.